Welcome to Frugal with a Flourish!

Enjoy your time here! Don't miss a post by getting email updates any time there is something new. You can also get updates through Google Friend Connect or follow me on Facebook or Twitter to get the latest info and see all the things that inspire me!

[ | Posted in | | ]

Can you guys believe tomorrow will be May?  Isn’t that just a wee bit scary?  The year will be halfway over before we know it!  I also can’t believe that there is only another 10 weeks until my lil man is supposed to be here.  Crazy!  Well – before we get into May, I thought I would share with you guys some of my favorite posts from this past month both here and around the web!  Let’s go!

DIY and Crafty Goodness

For starters – I made some Simple Easter Centerpieces for our dining room table.  I find it totally strange that I decorated for Easter this year – but I just felt possessed to do so.  Has to be all those maternal hormones running around!

I also finally replaced my ugly vertical blinds with a sliding panel solution!  I  love these things – and I may gussy them up at some point with a little trim or something.  In the meantime – I am just glad to have something that lets in the light without letting out too much of our privacy!

Around the House

Another thing that has been on my to do list for forever was to do a little gallery wall in my hallway.  So I got this little collection of silver frames all set up!  (Love silver spray paint!)  The hubby really loves it too – says it makes his day to get to see all our family everyday! 

I also updated my mantel.  Ok – it is a speaker shelf – but I call it a mantel!  I added some more spring colors and textures.  I really like how it plays off the white accents around the TV!

Inspirational Ideas

I ran through some great blue and white combos – starting from really light blue and going all the way to deep dark navy!  I loved getting to see your comments on what shades you guys preferred!  Feel free to hop over and add your two cents if you missed out on that little conversation!   I think one of my favorites was this blue bedroom overlooking a blue sea!  Ah …. I wanna go hang out there! 

I also did a spring take on my “Fall is … Cozy” post and did a “Spring is … Fresh!” post!  I loved sharing with you guys they way I find fresh in design and decor!  My favorite – this picture with all the flowering branches!  Swoon!

Tips and Tricks

I think my favorite post on tips from the month was the one I just posted this week on 10 Ways to Display Dishes!  Dishes are a super affordable and fun way to infuse all kinds of color and texture into your home.  I think this little vintage plate rack was the favorite based on the comments! 

 

Other Posts and Ideas from Around the Web

So those of you that follow me on Facebook have probably already seen these!  That is where I share all the great ideas I have found while running around online!  There were a ton of great projects that I featured this month – but these were my favorites!

First off – I am in love with this paper flower wreath from Kami @ No Biggie.  Isn’t this just adorable and amazing!  And a great way to get through some of your scrapbook paper stash! 

Photo via No Biggie

Next up, I was seriously debating changing my whole Living Room wall decor when I saw these amazing Ballard knockoff mirrors that Alicia @ Thrifty and Chic made.  I am in love with these!  Would you believe she made them for a mere $15?  Ah-maz-ing!

Photo via Thrifty and Chic

Next – my friend Erin over at Peony Wire Works makes the most beautiful things out of Chicken Wire.  But nothing she has made has been as beautiful as this gorgeous spring bouquet.  Love it!

Photo via Peony Wire Works

So there you go!  Those are all my favorites of the month!  Have a favorite post you want to share?  Yours, mine, someone else’s?  I would love to see it!  Post it in the comments or on my FB page!!  :) 

6 frugal friends said ...

Unknown said... @ May 1, 2011 at 9:59 AM

I must have missed the paper flower wreath. That is so pretty and yes, I do love your "plate" post as well :)

Karen said... @ May 2, 2011 at 7:50 AM

I always feel like such a slacker when I read your monthly wrap ups. I really need to conquer some of the projects swirling around in my head.

Ally Simons said... @ May 3, 2011 at 6:33 AM

Love all of the spring projects that are cropping up! It's finally feeling like spring here in Boston, so i'm totally into all of the florals.

Thanks for the post!
Ally @ Tinywalletstyle.com

Erin said... @ May 14, 2011 at 1:59 PM

Thanks for the kind words Jess! I am glad you like it:)

Miller said... @ November 16, 2015 at 3:14 PM

Thank you for the “real life” photos. And all the beautiful ones too. We need both.Love your creative ideas... This looks like a winner! Click here

abo-bder said... @ January 9, 2020 at 10:37 AM



شركة قص اشجار بالرياض
شركة تركيب شبك حمام بالرياض
شركة تنسيق حدائق بالرياض
شركة تنسيق حدائق بالرياض
شركة قص الاشجار بالرياض




Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me - so please leave one! It makes my day! I read and try to respond to each one!
Didn't get a response? Check out my tips here to link your email and blog back to your profile.



Related Posts with Thumbnails